Sunday, June 29, 2014

Craigslist Shopping

Hi all! I though I would share some thing I have bought on Craigslist so far. Having my project construction so far out has allowed me some time to shop for materials on CL. I have become addicted to going onto the materials category daily... even hourly (when I am board). So far I have scored some deals I want to share:)

CL Score #1



100 sf of Hickory hardwood flooring. 



I bought 100 square feet of Hickory tongue and groove flooring from a nice guy in Portland. He had just done a remodel and had extra laying around. I bought it for 1$ a sf. So 100$ total. This will be enough floor to cover my loft (hopefully).  I have fallen in love with how natural Hickory looks, and i will be looking for more for the main floor! 
















CL Score #2


Under mount stainless steal kitchen sink. 


I have been looking at under mount kitchen sinks for a while now. I like how sleek they look and seamlessly sits under the counter. However, they seem to run a couple hundred bucks for the size I wanted (something between 24 and 20 inches wide) and that was a price I was VERY hesitant at. But my luck struck when my dad sent me a link for this sink and it was 25$. Score! I bought it that weekend and I love my future sink already.
Looks like the original price for this sink was 342$, then went on clearance for 100$. Lucky me getting it for 25$ :)

 







CL Score #3


11 Milgard Windows



I bought this lot of Windows from a contractor who went in another direction for a project. So he had 11 brand new beautiful windows that he had to sell fast. *In comes Kelly* I managed to talk him down a couple hundred on the price and asked him to deliver (since I don not have a truck) so I think my negotiation skills are improving! Yay! 

I will not be able to use all these windows in my Tiny House, so selling some will get me money back in the long run. I paid 1300 for the 11 windows. I can now start planning the walls/framing around the windows, and plan for the ones I still have to acquire. 

It was my first big purchase for the tiny house and I feel like this was the step where I really committed to the project. Sure, I have been telling friends and family about it for a while, but this seemed like a real big step for me:)


(In the pic is all the windows I bought. I will have a picture later where you can actually see all the windows. Oh and that is my dog Annie as well:) 


OK, now back to craigslist hunting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment