Thursday, June 5, 2014

Why Start a Blog?

There are a number of factors leading me to this decision.

#1 being that there is so little documentation about the process out there! There are a lot of sites that show completed houses and design ideas, and there are a few where you can purchase plans/videos with instruction. Those may be the solution for others, but I was looking for something different to inspire and educate me. I wanted a place to see the process step by step, and learn from their successes and failures. I did eventually find a couple great sites and I still go back to them all the time to add to my design. Off the top of my head, the tiny project is probably my main inspiration to do a blog. I love their house and a lot of my design elements are drawn from theirs. Hopefully my blog/house will inspire others like theirs inspired me

Reason #2 is having a way to document my progress in pictures. I absolutely LOVE before and after photos and seeing tangible evidence of success. I want a place to look back on, during and after the build to keep me motivated and focused. You could argue that a picture album could do the same thing, and it could, to a point. I wanted something a little more in depth, a little more involved.

I'm sure there are more reasons, but nothing I can verbalize right now at the moment. I'll probably address/update later with a more comprehensive post.


No comments:

Post a Comment