Tuesday, July 1, 2014

New TV Show: Tiny House Nation

I am so excited about this new TV show Tiny House Nation. It is going to be (as far as I can tell) interesting, and AWESOME! 




Here is a blurb from their website


"In “Tiny House Nation,” renovation experts and hosts, John Weisbarth and Zack Giffin, travel across America to show off ingenious small spaces and the inventive people who live in them, as well as help new families design and construct their own mini-dream home in a space no larger than 300 square feet. From a micro-apartment in New York City to a caboose car turned home in Montana to a micro-sized mobile home for road tripping – this is a series that celebrates the exploding movement of tiny homes. From pricey to budget friendly, “Tiny House Nation” is not a typical design show, but one that proves size doesn’t always matter – it’s creativity that counts."

So this show is produces by the fyi network. I am not sure what channel this will show up on, but I am pretty sure I don't get it haha. I have until July 9th (series premiere date) to figure something out. Any suggestions? 

Here is a link to the trailer/sneak peek video


I find the idea of a design show featured specifically for spaces under 300 sf to be fantastic. It moves away from the modern trend of maximizing the space your budget can produce, to something more sustainable and along the lines of what I am doing. Hopefully I can pick up some design tips from their process and get inspired from some of the finished houses. It would be awesome if they did a tiny house on wheels, but thay are not going to focus on a specific genre of house (which will keep the show fresh and interesting). 

It is nice to see the Tiny House Movement/ Culture to get some more screen time. I hope it will be good! I will post an update after a few episodes with my review. That is.... if I am able to watch it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment